Thursday, December 11, 2008

Logically Smashing! in a pencil skirt


Resolved: “When in doubt, the pencil skirt ought to be more highly valued then any other skirt” 


Or for the policy buffs out there ;)


Resolved: “The female participants of the NCFCA ought to significantly reform, their policy toward pencil skirts”


Weather taking over the world or just taking over the debate round, pencil skirts are the only option! Yes, I know it can be very difficult to part with our hot pink wavy skirts, but believe me pencil skirts will make you feel just as special and standoutish as you lumpy flair skirt, for a few reasons.


  • First of all they are much more professional then any other skirt out there. When you look at great female leaders, politicians, ambassadors, and businesswomen, what do they wear? The answer is either a pencil skirt or slacks. Over all when you wear a pencil skirt they make you just look more professional and in control!
  • They are the most flattering shape of skirt! Pencil skirts are the best skirt because they align and follow the natural shape of your body; they accent your waist, and flatter your legs because of the sleek design.
  • They beat slacks any day!
  • And the best reason of all… They are on the list as one of the “Must haves” of the winter/spring 2008/2009-fashion season! Weather you chose to dress your pencil skirt down with a boy friend cardigan and flats, or dress it up with a silk blouse and pumps, pencil skirts are a must have and are very versatile.


I would recommend all black or pin stripe when choosing suits, however I do realize there are those of us that are flamboyant by nature. So I can condone a red, purple, or yes even pink suit, however the skirt must be pencil! If not you run the risk of looking silly. 


*WARNING* I would caution you all though, pencil skirts are not for the interper! The pencil skirt should be worn by the die, hard NCFCAer, meaning those of us who debate, do platforms and limited prep. Do not! Wear a pencil skirt while doing and interp; they can be prone to ripping while doing exaggerated choreography. 


Nonetheless, when choosing skirts, chose pencil! For their professional connotations, they’re of so attractive style, and for their versatileness. Pencil skirts are the only way to go this up coming NCFCA season!


Christy/Region4


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Eh. I disagree here. I won't wear any skirt that is shorter than 2-3 inches below the knee. And I'm a die hard NCFCAer who debates, does imp, does platforms... and is in love with her interp.

Ian said...

Ah ha!

that's why I created this blog, so that I could get many differing opinions in one place =)

You should write an article, sarah.